Wednesday, July 13, 2011

An Adventure to Remember, An Adventure to Inspire

This last weekend, my parents decided it was time for the mom of three to get a break and enjoy a relaxing evening out. With my wonderful husband as the babysitter, the boys got to enjoy an evening to themselves. Our destination Murry's Dinner Playhouse, which I have Longed to go for years. I was thoroughly surprised, we were greeted by a familiar face. At the time All I knew was that I had previously had her as a teacher. One of those situations where you endlessly rack your brain trying to put a name to the face, the persistent, Who Are You? I had checked the program to no avail. The buffet was mediocre another case of not a lot to choose from but surprisingly good for the small selection they had, the deserts on the other had were delicious. Finally after completing dining, as though all I had needed was the food to hit the brain it came to me. That familiar face was my freshman communications teacher, Hahaha, Mrs. Murry herself. The theater was of Shakespearean influence with the stage along one wall and the dinning tables wrapped around the stage. The stage was a nice size and well prepared. Now for the many of you that don't know all of my childhood I dreamed of being an actress, the spotlight, the thrill to be anyone and everyone. I played many roles and enjoyed them all, big, small, they were all a  new experience a way to be someone else. I wanted to know and do everything theater related, customs, hair, make-up, set, everything to further my knowledge, I was in choir, art. Sadly it was my sophomore year of high school that had changed my ideal dream career. I was placed in a class were favoritism took charge over skill, favoritism got your roles, and spots for competition after competition. So I decided to leave it all behind and try something new. Three kids later my dream of acting was dead and buried. The play we were honored to watch was, "Everyone Loves Opal". A comedy, that was splendidly acted and funny as could be. As we sat watching, I can only imagine my eyes the size of grapefruits and unblinking, doors began to open, ideas and dreams flooding through my body. My childhood dream once again spreading wings, "I want to be an actress when I grow up!"

No comments:

Post a Comment