Thursday, July 7, 2011

what about me mom...?

So my almost four year old son has been watching me knit since he was born. He was the start of my yarn addiction and love to knit. Project after project, success after success, failure after failure, he has time after time asked is that mine mom? hat for me, blanket for me....? Each time I giggle and say no this is for grandma, this is for baby Bronx, or baby Bentley, Aunt Kayley, Tatum, and uncle Bailey. Truth is these projects are Ginny Pigs, for me to grow and learn new techniques. I want the best for all three of  my kids,  the best of my abilities for them. For Mother's Day the boys and my mother saw a book that they all just loved Creepy Cute Crochet, By Christen Haden, It is full of wonderful crochet dolls that are morbid but completely adorable, Grim Reapers, Amazons, vampires and other creatures. Slowly but surely creature after creature takes shape and collects on the book case awaiting to be stuffed and stitched together. For a special boy on his birthday at the end of the month.Which this will be the second project i've made for him. My first attempt was a baby blanket I crocheted but with my inability to keep numbers in my head turned out to be a triangle. Hopefully this time around it'll go a lot better. Fingers crossed!

No comments:

Post a Comment