Friday, December 16, 2011

Dreads Close to three months

This time around I've been very pleased with my dreading experience. It's only almost three months in but the difference is amazing. This time my hair is longer so it is  probably the majority of why this time my dreads are becoming locked a lot better and faster. Last time there was so much maintenance that it was more of a chore than enjoyment so much palm rolling, and crocheting. I was more in high hopes of doing what ever i could just to speed the process along. Worried about the size of the dreads, Why mine were so small compared to everyone's I'd seen on Youtube? The biggest differences I'd have to say are first my starting method. When the hubby and I started our last time we did the whole backcomb rubber band method. It took so much time and was a pain in the butt. Sitting with a stiff neck and rubber bands everywhere. this time I still did the backcombing and crocheting but no rubber bands and just let them be. When I've gotten done washing them and letting them set in a towel on for a good 15-20 minutes I'll palm roll them and separate any that have knotted together and that's it. No every other day crocheting them, no palm rolling till my hands cramp and are raw. Juts letting them go natural My hair is fuller and the individual can e seen with no scalp showing. Not sure if it's from me sleeping on my sides vs. my back, but my sides are well matted and the back is a lot looser. But hopefully with time they will catch up. Looking really forward to my three months...At 6 months I'll be giving away a slouchy hat to one lucky follower who joins my page www.facebook.com/NeuroticStitches. As of right now with the Christmas season close to an end.






Here's my big Announcement
I've got Baby fever, so starting tomorrow everyone that likes my page till the end of December will have a chance to receive a cocoon and hat set for baby, 5 will receive a snowman ornament and depending on how well my page does other items will be up for grabs. So share with your friends and congratulations on your precious little angels!!! Happy Holidays!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment