Sunday, November 17, 2013

Crafting baby fever

So it's Sunday morning and my clan of minions are in their toy room cleaning. With them being 3, 4, and 6 it may take a while so figured it would be a good time to get on the dear husband's computer and catch up on things as of late. Still as busy as ever knitting and crocheting baby items for my Nephew due January of next year. Everytime I think I have finished his precious collection something else finds inspiration to be cast on. Started a baby blue bib that even though it's very simple design of a moss stitch has become very time consuming knit on size 3 needles. In Between finishing the blue baby bib I've crocheted a few tiny booties and made a super soft snuggle blanky that was ripped at least 5 times before finally revealing it's true identity. Sadly this week I've had to place myself on a yarn diet. My desk has become over ridden with odds and ends, scrap yarn from precious projects. Yarn that I was simply to weak to resist the pull of "pick me up and pet me my precious." So slowing going through and knit picking to make hats, and booties from the sad stash that has spread outwards from my desk. In an attempt to start my Christmas items early I crocheted two minecraft creeper hatts. On for Sebastian since he loves the game of Minecraft and the other for Fox. To my surprise Fox loves the creeper hat and Sebastian of course wanted a zombie hat instead. Little turd ball! My husband whining and complaining for the last few months as to the unstarted tree that is suppose to reside on his blanket I made him earlier this year has decided to remind me of the said missing tree. As well as the lack of an army of Murlocs. Having been a while since casting on anything for my husband figured with the holidays fast approaching now would be a great time to get started on the murloc army. Just to again be distracted by knitting and crocheting yet more precious things for my nephew. With any luck and the baby shower just a week away maybe my baby fever will subside so to start on Christmas presents for my family and friends. Hoping to find out the sex of our newest member within the next few weeks allowing a break from baby items and a swarm of murlocs to take place. THen again this ADHD crafter might not make it that far.
























No comments:

Post a Comment